Sunday, February 22, 2009

Message to all Lee University Students...


BE CAREFULL!!!

I drive around campus a lot. I mean a lot. Going through campus on my way to class, driving through campus on a delivery, or just driving around. I usually drive through campus during the high traffic times, you know after a classes let out, and I getting a little tired of have to slam on the breaks becuase students don't look before they cross the street. I'm not talking about on Parker St. in front of the HC, I'm talking about 11th St in front of the Student Union. There is no crosswalk in front of the PCSU or the Conn Center except at Parker, and Church. This means that the cars get the right of way, unless you use the crosswalk. In most places if you don't use the crosswalk, it is called Jaywalking, and you can get a ticket. I've been at Lee since fall of 2005, if I'm not mistaken, there have been atleast 3 students to get hit by a car. Although, one of them was using a crosswalk, that one was on Ocoee, in front of Medlin Hall. Now, I may be coming off mean, or bitter, but I hate that people are almost getting hit by cars, due to them not paying attention. I will say that it isn't always the pedestrians fault, there are some really bad drivers who just don't care, and speed through campus, but that is a different topic for a different day. In all of my experiences, it is the student pedestrians either not paying attention, or just not caring.

Please, please, heed my advice, just walk down the street a little further and use the crosswalks, it could save Lee from having to call your parents because of an accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment